Rosemary A. Macero
Attorney Rosemary A. Macero is AV® rated by Martindale-Hubble’s peer review rating system.
Rosemary A. Macero is a graduate of Tufts University and Case Western Reserve University Law School. She has been practicing law since 1985. Macero is a civil trial attorney and focuses her practice on business and construction disputes, estate planning, probate, guardianship, business formation, real estate and other contracts, and mediation and arbitration. She has experience in drafting contracts and trying contract cases. She has represented entities in the construction industry including owners, general contractors, design professionals and specialty subcontractors. Macero has represented parties in arbitration and mediation and now focuses on her role as a third party neutral in arbitration and mediation.
Macero is a member of the American Arbitration Association Boston Panel of Commercial Arbitrators and Boston Panel of Mediators.
Macero is a Massachusetts Court Trained mediator with additional training in multiparty and family mediation. She is presently on the United States Bankruptcy Court Mediation list.
Macero is an arbitrator with the Better Business Bureau.
Macero is on the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Probate Court Fee Generating Appointment list for Guardians Ad Litem in numerous categories including Categories D, K, L, P, R, T, and V lists. Macero has trained for appointment from the E and F list. Macero provides services for Limited Assistance Representation allowed by the Land Court.
Prior to starting her own practice, Macero practiced law with Morrison Mahoney and Posternak, Blankstein and Lund. She was also a Special Assistant Attorney General charged with enforcing wage, labor and construction safety regulations. Macero has been a frequent lecturer for Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education Inc. and the Massachusetts Bar Association. She teaches at Southern New Hampshire University and Cambridge College. She has also taught at Emmanuel College and Wentworth Institute of Technology. She has previously taught at Bentley University, Middlesex Community College and Sanford Brown.
Macero has lectured and has written articles for the Massachusetts Bar Association, and for the Practicing Law Institute. She has lectured for the National Association of Women in Construction Boston Chapter and Regional Convention. She has also lectured for the Condominium Association Institute and is a frequent contributor to Condo Media Magazine.
- J.D., Case Western Reserve University School of Law
- B.A., Tufts University
- Arbitration Fundamentals and Best Practices for New AAA Arbitrators (March, 2019)
- Elder Mediation Training, Elder Decisions (2013)
- Mediation Training, Mediation Works Inc. (2012)
- Better Business Bureau Arbitrator Training (2007)
- Massachusetts 1985
- New York 1988
- Vermont 2005
- New Hampshire 1997*
- Rhode Island 2003*
- United States District Court for Massachusetts
- United States District Court for New Hampshire
- United States District Court for the Northern District of New York
- First Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Bankruptcy Court for Massachusetts
- United States Bankruptcy Court for New Hampshire
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of New York
- Rosemary has also been admitted pro hace vice (on a case by case basis) in Maine, Connecticut, and Maryland state courts and the United States District Court for Eastern Pennsylvania.
* inactive status
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Civil Litigation Section Council Member
- New Hampshire Bar Association
- Rhode Island Bar Association
- Vermont Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice (formerly Association of Trial Lawyers of America)
- Association of Tufts Alumnae
- Director 1992-1994, 1998-2003
- President 1994-1997
- National Association of Women in Construction
- Director 1998-2000
- Vice President 2001
- President-elect 2002
- President 2003
- Community Associations Institute
- 2000-2010, 2012, 2019
- Help: My Home is a War Zone, Condo Media Magazine, November 2019.
- Out-of-State Discovery and the Uniform Interstate Deposition and Discovery Act, Massachusetts Bar Association, Civil Litigation Section, 2019
- Dispute Resolution without Litigation- Don’t Make the Lawyers Rich, Condo Media Magazine May, 2007
- Employer Beware: Do You Have Insurance Coverage for Employment Claims PLI, April 1999
- Evaluation of Damages,The Defense Perspective, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education Inc. March 1997
- Junk Science: Truth or Witchcraft, Morrison Mahoney and Miller, April 1994
- What’s Mediation Anyway and Why Will it Help Me?
- Program Co-Chair and Panelist, Primer on Mediation and Arbitration, Mass. Bar Assn. April 2020
- Panelist, Corporate Depositions: Strategies for Taking and Defending, Mass. Bar Assn. 2019
- Panelist, Deposition Practice, Mass. Continuing Legal Education Inc.
- Panelist, Evidence, Mass. Continuing Legal Education, Inc.
- Chairperson, Personal Injury Litigation from 2000-2004, Mass. Continuing Legal Education, Inc.
- Panelist, Personal Injury Litigation, Mass. Continuing Legal Education, Inc.
- Panelist, Questionable Litigation Tactics, Mass. Continuing Legal Education, Inc.
HOW CAN WE HELP?